Rolling in the Deep… Web (Part 2)

The Deep Web consists of nine levels six which are known and three that are unknown/ have yet to be proven to exist.  The names of each level and what they contain are as follows from the Deep Web Wiki found here.

The surface web, the part of the web will be discussed in this section is the web that normal people go on every day, it contains the first three levels.  There is little to no danger in surfing the surface web out of these three layers the most danger comes from entering the third layer but if you hide a proxy site/server you should have no troubles.

A proxy site/server is a computer system that acts like an intermediary between computers making it so if a user request something it goes to the proxy computer and instead of the request being traced back to the user it gets traced back to the proxy computer while there little to no trace of the original user.  Of course with the right programs and understanding of the web people can be traced even through the proxy’s so although proxy’s help keep anonymity on the web it is not perfect.

Level 0 – Common Web

This level is the one you browse everyday: YouTube, Facebook, Wikipedia and other famous or easily accessible websites can be found here.

Level 1 – Surface Web

This level is still accessible through normal means, but contains “darker” websites, such as Reddit.

Level 2 – Bergie Web

This level is the last one normally accessible: all levels that follow this one have to be accessed with a proxy, Tor or by modifyig your hardware. In this level you can find some “underground” but still indexed websites, such as 4chan.

After Level 2 is where the Deep Web actually begins.  From here on TOR is required for surfing the sites in these sections of the net.  Keep in mind from part 1 the first three levels of the internet is only the tip of the iceberg with only 10% of the information on the internet being shown on top of it.  The other 90% (Even though mostly obsolete files) are contained in the Deep Web, keep in mind however levels 6, 7, and 8 have not been proven to exist due to the fact that there is not enough plausible evidence that it exists.

An more in Depth Explaination of the Deep Web past level two will be explained in part 3 which is here.

 

 

Advertisements

Just a student

Posted in Uncategorized
One comment on “Rolling in the Deep… Web (Part 2)
  1. Wynton says:

    I think the best explanation of how to use the hidden networks of the Deep Web is the ebook Deep Web Secrecy and Security. One big eye-opener for me.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: